The Health Center staff is dedicated to the belief that students must maintain a healthy and balanced life in order to reap the benefits of a Linsly School education. The mission of the Health Center is to promote and maintain the good health of students by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning. It is our goal to help students better understand the world they live in so that they make well-informed decisions regarding their health, wellness and academic endeavors.
The health center is staffed by a full-time registered nurse, Mrs. Katie Campsey, and a clinical mental health counselor. Hours of operation are 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. The health office is located in the white building directly behind Banes Hall, off of Knox Lane. Health staff is on-call for boarding student concerns anytime the health center is closed and can be reached through the Administrator on Duty.
Medical services provided by Mrs. Campsey include assessment and direct medical care for illness or injury, administration of daily and “as needed” medication per the student’s physician orders, health care education, and compliance management for all West Virginia State-mandated immunizations. Mrs. Campsey also coordinates any care provided by an outside physician, therapist or urgent/emergency care center.
Mental health services that are provided by the school counselor include a broad spectrum of assessment, prevention, intervention, and referral services. Within these services, the counselor works one-on-one or in a group setting to help promote academic success for every student. Students struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, or any other issues are encouraged to reach out to the counselor for guidance.
Linsly also has two athletic trainers, Mr. Tom Giovengo, MS, ATC, PTA and Miss Chelsea Kelly, MS, ATC, who are available to our athletes after school and are present at campus sporting events. They provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, concussion protocol, rehabilitation of injuries, and medical conditions. They are here to ensure the proper steps are taken for our athletes to safely return to play.
Annual Health Requirements
Starting with the 2019-2020 school year, Linsly will be shifting all medical information to an online database and health management system called Magnus Health SMR
(Student Medical Record). This secure, web-based system allows the parent/guardian to have continuous access the student’s health record as well as the ability to make updates when needed. Additional benefits of the Magnus Health system include:
- The ability to upload parent and physician signed documents directly into the system from a computer or mobile device, thus eliminating the need to turn in paper forms to the school
- Securely stored data that will only require annual parental updates /review after the student’s first year using the system
- The timesaving ability to “copy” shared information such as health insurance and emergency contact information from one sibling to another
- Customer support from a Magnus Health representative via phone or email
- The ability to take your digital health file with you after your child graduates
Parents/guardians of officially enrolled students can access Magnus Health directly from this page or the Linsly School home page by selecting the orange “Magnus Health” button. Log in credentials will be the same as those used to sign on to the parent/guardian’s My Backpack account. ***Please note that new students
will not have access until approximately July 1st or 1-3 business days after the student's enrollment deposit is processed (if received after July 1st). New families will receive a welcome email from Magnus Health once their account is active.***
Within the Magnus health portal, users will be prompted to answer a series of health questions and complete necessary health requirements for the school year. Some of the items that you may be required to complete are listed below:
- Student Health Record (on-line health history, emergency contacts, health insurance information) – Required for all students then followed by annual review
- Physical Examination Form – Annual requirement (physicals over a year old from the start of school will not satisfy this requirement)
- Immunization Form – Required for all NEW students and then only when needed for updated immunizations and those required for 7th or 12th grade WV State mandates
- Medical Authorization and Consent to Treat Form – Required for all students annually
- Over-the-counter Medication Form – Required for all students annually
- Prescription Medication Form - if applicable
- Asthma Action Plan Form - if applicable
- Food Allergy Action Plan Form - if applicable
- Diabetes Action Plan Form - if applicable
- Seizure Action Plan Form - if applicable
Forms that require a physician signature or an additional attachment such as an insurance card can be accessed and downloaded directly from your Magnus Health Portal. You will then have the opportunity to fax the completed forms directly to Magnus Health to be uploaded to your child’s account OR you can scan and upload the forms to your child’s account from your computer.