New Faces In Front of the Classroom
The new school year has begun, and it is with great anticipation that we welcome several new faculty members and interns.
Pictured from left to right: Mr. Marc Gittings, Dr. Darin McGinnis, Ms. Abby Petho, Ms. Lorraine Torres, Mr. Tyler Bickford, and Mr. Joseph Seabright.
Mr. Marc Gittings - English Department
- Mr. Gittings will teach English I and serve as an assistant swim coach with the swim program.
- B.A. Wheeling Jesuit University - English Major / Member of Swim Team
- Linsly Class of 2013
- Student-taught at WPHS & Triadelphia Middle School in Ohio County, WV
- Most recently, long-term substitute at Linsly for English I in spring of 2019
Dr. Darin McGinnis - English Department
Miss Abby Petho - Intern
- Dr. McGinnis will teach English II, Creative Writing, and Communications. In addition, he will also serve as a forensics coach.
- Ph.D., Loyola University of Chicago, Philosophy
- M.A., Loyola University of Chicago, Philosophy
- B.A., Denison University, Philosophy, magna cum laude
- Most recently, WJU Associate Professor of Philosophy
Ms. Lorraine Torres - World Language Department
- Miss Petho will serve as an intern during the 2019-2020 school year. In addition, she will be an assistant coach for girl’s soccer, basketball, and track and field.
- B.A. Wake Forest University - English Major, Minors in Religion and Global Trade and Commerce
- Linsly Class of 2014
- Planning to go to law school in the near future
Mr. Tyler Bickford - World Language Department
- Ms. Torres will teach Spanish I-IV, serve as faculty advisor for the Spanish club, and help with the Linsly Extravaganza.
- M.A. Stephen F. Austin State University - Hispanic Studies
- B.A. Stephen F. Austin State University - Modern Languages
- Native Spanish speaker / Completed Study Abroad; Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (two summers) Fluent in Portuguese
- Most recently, Spanish teacher at Royal Jr. High School (Houston, TX), and Spanish teacher at Stephen F. Austin State University
Mr. Joseph Seabright - Physical Education Department
- Mr. Bickford will teach Latin I-IV, assist with weight room and lifting supervision, and coach tennis in the spring.
- M.A. University of Georgia - Classical Languages
- University of Pennsylvania - Post-Baccalaureate Program in Classical Language
- B.A. University of Pittsburgh - Classical Languages Major, Minor in Italian
- Taught English to Italian speakers (Scuola Madre Teresa - Pollena Trocchia, NA, Italy)
- Most recently, graduate assistant & Latin teacher at the University of Georgia
- Mr. Seabright will teach Physical Education & Health classes and serve as an assistant coach for golf, basketball, and baseball.
- B.A. WLU - Health & Physical Education
- B.S. WLU - Business Admin. & Golf Management
- Most recently, taught PE & Health at Woodsdale Elementary & WPHS