The Linsly School is proudly one of 50 independent schools across the United States to have been awarded the prestigious Malone Scholarship Grant, a $2 MILLION endowment designed to support the school's scholarship program.
In the Spring of 2012, The Malone Family Foundation selected The Linsly School as one of the top independent educational institutions in the nation.
The Malone Family Foundation was founded in 1997 with one principal objective: to improve access to quality education - particularly at the secondary school level - for gifted students who lack the financial resources to best develop their talents.
The Malone Family Foundation selected Linsly based on evidence of high academic standards, quality of faculty and staff, excellent accommodations for gifted and talented students, strong AP and enrichment programs, a commitment to individual attention for all students, financial strength, and a commitment to financial aid.
The Malone Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded to academically talented students applying for grades 7-9 who are in the top 5th percentile or above on their standardized test scores, who exemplify academic excellence in their GPA, and whose families demonstrate financial need.
Applicants for the Malone Scholarship Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Meet The Linsly School's Admissions Requirements
- Apply for grades 7-9
- Perform in the top 5% of their class defined by class rank and/or score at or above the 95th percentile on achievement tests
- Demonstrate a record of academic excellence
- Show enthusiasm and motivation for maximizing his or her educational opportunities
- Demonstrate financial need to qualify for funding at least 30% of tuition through ISM FAST (Linsly's Financial Aid Service)
Scholarship Application Process
- Complete The Linsly School application for admissions
- Complete the Malone Scholars Program application
- Submit standardized test scores
- Supply two completed teacher recommendation forms
- Apply for financial aid through ISM FAST
- Supply transcript/report cards
- Submit writing sample