he Linsly School is a storied institution with an outstanding record of achievement. It is our intention to continue on that path.
A recent parent survey identified many of Linsly’s strengths, namely:
- A challenging curriculum
- High academic and behavior standards
- A dedicated, talented faculty
- Positive teacher-student-advisor relationships
- A safe, supportive environment
- Character development
- Small class sizes and a diverse student body
- Competitive interscholastic athletic programs
- A balance between tradition and innovation
- A strong sense of community
The Linsly School is interested in building upon these strengths. To that end, members of the administration and faculty recently analyzed all aspects of school life, including:
- How we teach
- How we develop character
- How we prepare students for college
- How we communicate with parents, alumni, and friends
- How existing programs and services meet the needs of our students
We tried to examine ourselves objectively so that we can improve our ability to achieve our vision, mission, and core values
. As an institution, we want to preserve the strengths of our school and the rich Linsly traditions that have been passed on to us. At the same time, we want to embrace that which will make us stronger and more effective.
The result of our efforts is a document we call Forward Together! Enhancing Excellence and Innovation. It is our strategic plan to raise Linsly to a higher level.
We wish to thank the many talented people in our community who have helped us prepare this plan and for their continued support for The Linsly School.
R. Kevin Stevick ‘80
Chairman of the Board